Running a business is hard work. There’s a seemingly never ending list of things to do. We can help! In the back of your mind, you know the BAS submission deadline is looming, but you’re so busy you keep pushing it to one side.
Then, of course, you end up in the week before it’s due and groan as you realise you’ll have to spend half your week-end getting it done!
Some of our clients have entrusted someone else to do their BAS, only to find they had to redo the whole thing themselves.
Relax...we’ll run you through our straightforward bookkeeping system.
At IPR Accounting, the first thing we do is run our clients through our easy to understand bookkeeping system. We’ve had fantastic feedback from clients on this system - they’ve said it’s the easiest system they’ve used, it’s straightforward and intuitive. How refreshing!
Every client is different and we can’t really say how big a job your rescue will be until we complete a ‘Health Check’. What we can say is that after we review your books, we’ll clean everything up, get you on the right track and set up a straightforward system that will be simple to use.
So what issues do people usually have?
We’ve come across a wide range of problems...none of which we haven’t been able to fix! You do want to sort any issues out though, because apart from potentially receiving a fine or paying interest, you could be paying the wrong GST, Tax and Superannuation. You also want to ensure your figures are spot on so you can make business decisions with confidence.
Here are some of the more typical ones experienced by small business owners:
- Incorrect previously lodged BAS’
- Trade Debtors and Trade Creditors don’t balance with the Balance Sheet
- Old unpresented transactions in the Bank Account or Credit Card
- Bank Accounts or Credit Cards that don’t reconcile with the Statements
- Outstanding invoices and bills which have been paid but still showing as outstanding
- Payroll Categories that are incorrectly set up therefore giving you incorrect information in Payslips, AL & SL Accruals, incorrect Tax Tables, SGC Calculations and Payment Summaries
- Unreliable Inventory figures
To find out how, we can help you. Call us on 03 9884 8618 or send us an email.